- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Dessert Sauce With Cantaloupe Recipe
|Frozen raspberries||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mint leaves||4|
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 110.3 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47%
Sugars 63.3 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 461.4% Vitamin C 417.7%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the cantaloupe into half and use a melon scooper to scoop out the flesh into small balls or cut into 1 inch dices.
2. Place the melon in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Reserve a few good raspberries for garnish and keep them frozen.
4. Place the remaining berries in a food processor or liquidizer and blend into a smooth puree.
5. Into a medium bowl, strain the puree through a fine mesh sieve.
6. Stir in the lemon juice and honey.
7. Place the puree in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
8. Into 4 coupes or dessert bowls spoon the raspberry sauce reserving 4 spoons.
9. Divide the melon balls spooning them over the sauce.
10. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the melon and garnish with mint leaves and reserved frozen raspberries.
11. Serve immediately.