- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Creme Parfait Recipe
|Frozen raspberries||10 Ounce (1 Packet, Ready Made)|
|Instant vanilla pudding and pie filling||4 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kirsch syrup||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.68 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.61%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 409.4 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 40.7 g
Protein 1 g2%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.3% Iron 0.11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thaw the raspberry packet by placing under running water or by placing packet in a bowl filled with room temperature water for 15 minutes.
2. Cut open the packet and place under a soup strainer.
3. Separate the raspberries and drained liquid.
4. In a small saucepan, combine drained liquid and some water in order to measure ¾ cup total liquid.
5. Add cornstarch, mix well and bring to a boil.
6. Once boiled, it will start to thicken and turn translucent in colour.
7. At this stage, lower the heat and simmer for a minute.
8. Add drained raspberries, currant jelly and kirsch and mix well.
9. Remove from flame and keep aside to cool. The best way to cool would be to place it over a bowl filled with crushed ice/ ice cubes. Keep aside.
10. Prepare vanilla pudding as per directions mentioned on the packet.
11. Layer a serving bowl with ½ cup raspberry sauce at bottom, followed by 1 cup vanilla pudding, followed yet again by raspberry sauce.
12. Repeat layering with vanilla pudding and sauce until the topmost layer is of raspberry sauce.
13. Alternatively, this can be done in parfait glasses too.
14. Refrigerate till service.
15. Serve chilled on its own or with almond biscotti as accompaniment.