- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Angel Torte Recipe
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raspberry filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen whipped topping||9 Ounce, thawed|
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g55.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 49.6 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 63.1 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 1% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 300 degrees.
2) Butter 3 large cookie sheets and dust them with flour. Tap off the excess, if any.
3) On each of the cookie sheets, draw 2 circles, 6 ½-inches each, with the help of a salad plate. In case there aren’t enough cookie sheets or oven space to bake 6 layers at once, shape the meringue on a greased floured foil. Allow to stand at room temperature till the first batch is baked. Simple slide the foil onto cookie sheets then.
4) In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar till the mixture is foamy-white. Sprinkle in the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well all the time till the sugar has completely dissolved and the meringue stands in firm peaks. This will take about 15 minutes of beating with an electric blender.
5) In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and coconut. Fold the mixture into the meringue till well blended.
6) Into the 6 circles on the cookie sheets, spoon the meringue, dividing it evenly. Spread to the edges. Alternatively, fir a large star tip onto a pastry bag, spoon the meringue into the bag and press it out into the circles.
7) Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or till firm and light golden circle. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets on the wire racks.
8) With a spatula, loosen the layers carefully and slide onto the racks. Allow the layers to completely cool.
9) Prepare the raspberry filling.
10) On a large serving plate, place one meringue and spread it with a thin layer of whipped topping. Over the top, spoon about 1/5th of the raspberry mixture. With 4 more layers, repeat the filling and stacking. Chill for several hours so that the meringue is mellow and soft.
11) Right before serving, spoon the remaining whipped topping in the center. If preferred, garnish with raspberries.
12) Serve after slicing into wedges.