- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberries Sabayon Recipe
|Grand marnier||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red raspberries/30 ounce frozen raspberries, thawed and drained||2 Pint|
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.7 mg
Sodium 11.5 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.6%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 70%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To Make Sabayon Sauce:
1. In top of double boiler, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat egg yolks until thick.
2. Gradually beat in sugar and beat until mixture is light and soft peaks form when beater is slowly raised.
3. Place double-boiler top over simmering water (water in bottom should not touch base of top).
4. Slowly beat in Grand Marnier and continue beating until mixture is fluffy and mounds—takes about 5 minutes.
5. Remove double-boiler top from hot water and set in ice water.
6. Beat the custard mixture until cool and gently fold in whipped cream.
7. Refrigerate sauce, covered, until serving.
8. Place berries in serving bowl or dessert dishes.
9. Stir sauce pour over fruit and serve.