- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rare Beef and Anchovy Salad with Rocket and Caesar Dressing Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sirloin roast||36 Ounce (1 Kilogram, Roasting Joint)|
|Caesar salad dressing||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Rocket leaves||200 Gram (1 Bag)|
|Bean sprouts||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Anchovies||10 , rinsed and torn|
|Parmesan cheese shavings||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
Calories 502 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.1%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.1 mg
Sodium 459.3 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 44 g87.5%
Vitamin A 37.9% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas.
2) Heat the barbecue or a griddle pan over a medium-high heat.
3) Rub the beef with oil, season well and grill with the fat-side down, for 5 minutes. Turn frequently and sear the meat evenly.
4) Place the pan into the oven or move to the side of the barbecue, and cook for 25 minutes. Keep aside for about 30 minutes.
5) Prepare the dressing, then set aside in the refrigerator.
6) Slice the beef thinly and place over a large platter.
7) In a bowl combine the rocket, beansprouts, torn anchovies and 100ml of the dressing, then spoon over the meat.
8) Drizzle little dressing and scatter the Parmesan shavings over the meat platter and serve immediately with the new potatoes or bread .