- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Randy's Yummy Ribs Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar based marinade/Basting sauce||28 Ounce (Bottled)|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Prepared mustard||6 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Pork loin back ribs/Pork spareribs||6 Pound|
|Ground red pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1112 Calories from Fat 649
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g111.8%
Saturated Fat 24.6 g123.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 312.2 mg
Sodium 1564.6 mg65.2%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 32.8 g
Protein 73 g145.1%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the grilling equipment, 15 minutes before cooking.
2) To make the sauce, take a clean saucepan and combine brown sugar, marinade, tomato sauce, mustard, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
3) Place the saucepan over medium heat and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes.
4) Next, put the ribs over medium coals on the cooking grid and cover and grill for 30 minutes, flipping the ribs halfway through the grilling time.
5) Place the roasted ribs on the aluminum foil and lavishly coat the ribs with sauce.
6) Drizzle red pepper on the top and fold and seal the foil.
7) Place the ribs over slow coals on the grill and cover and grill for approximately 2 hours or until done. To maintain the optimum grilling temperature, add coals to the grid after 45-60 minutes.
8) Further, unwrap the ribs and place them directly over the coals. Coat the ribs with sauce and grill for additional 5-10 minutes on either side.
9) Serve hot with remaining sauce.