- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rancher Supper Stew Recipe
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Barley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2253 Calories from Fat 1128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.4%
Saturated Fat 45 g225.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 320 mg
Sodium 4056.1 mg169%
Total Carbohydrates 204 g67.9%
Dietary Fiber 42.9 g171.7%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 108 g215.5%
Vitamin A 610.6% Vitamin C 481.1%
Calcium 50.8% Iron 123.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add soup mix, tomatoes, barley, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Cook over low heat 40 minutes.
4. Scrub carrots, and peel if necessary. Cut in thin slices.
5. Wash green pepper, split in half, remove seeds and cut in large chunks.
6. Peel potatoes and cut in pieces about 1 1/2 inches square.
7. Add carrots, pepper, potatoes and celery to meat mixture.
8. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Cook over low heat about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.