- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rakott Kaposzta Layered Cabbage Recipe
|Onions||2 , cut|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Dill||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sweet paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||2 , thinly sliced|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound, crumbled|
|Apples||3 , thinly sliced|
|Wine vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1656 Calories from Fat 764
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134%
Saturated Fat 57.4 g287.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 298.6 mg
Sodium 2596.7 mg108.2%
Total Carbohydrates 181 g60.2%
Dietary Fiber 26.7 g106.8%
Sugars 71 g
Protein 47 g94.8%
Vitamin A 54.2% Vitamin C 219.7%
Calcium 135.8% Iron 44.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Take a skillet and soften the butter in it. Add onion crescents and fry them until they turn crispy and golden. Stir in caraway seeds, garlic and cabbage and also sprinkle few spoonfuls of water.
3. When cabbage changes to bright green color then add paprika and dill.
4. When done remove from heat.
5. Take a 10X8-inch casserole and spoon half of the cabbage mixture towards its bottom.
6. Top it with a layer each of apples, cheese and potatoes.
7. Top these layers with remaining cabbage mixture.
8. Spray the vinegar and along with 2tsp sweet paprika.
9. Bake for about 1 hour until the mixture turns lightly browned.
10. When done remove from heat and cool the mixture nicely.
11. For best flavors, refrigerate the mixture and then reheat it in an oven for some time.
12. Serve with yogurt or sour cream.