- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Kidney Beans Recipe Video
|Kidney beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for soaking kidney beans)|
|Onion||2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Cumin||3 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Coriandar powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||3 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), chopped finely|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 475 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 0.9 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 146.8 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79.2%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 26 g51.4%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 45.2%
Calcium 24.1% Iron 59.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the kidney beans over night.
2. In a nonstick frying pan over medium heat, add oil and season the chopped onion. Add garlic, ginger paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilly powder and stir well with a wooden spatula.
3. Pour some water into the mixture to get unstuck. Add tomatoes and stir well. As the tomatoes are getting separated add garam masala and stir well.
4. Add coriander leaves, fresh ginger and soaked kidney beans with water. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer until thickened.
5. Serve the curried kidney beans with rice.