- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rajma Masala Recipe Video
|For the onion puree|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Black peppercorns||4 Medium|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Rest of the ingredients for the rajma masala|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Rajma||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Red kidney Beans)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, pureed|
|Coriander powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Amchur powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 194.4 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.5%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 23 g46.1%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 45.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Blender
1. Wash and soak rajma in water overnight.
2. In a pressure cooker, cook rajma until tender (5 whistles of pressure release). Save the stock after boiling rajma, for later use.
3. Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add oil and the sliced onions. Fry until brown in color.
4. Set the fried onions to cool. After it has cooled completely, put into a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Heat oil in a pan. When oil is hot add, cumin seeds, bay leaf and the whole spices. Fry for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the prepared onion puree, ginger garlic paste and saute for a few minutes.
7. Add the tomato puree mix well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
8. After 2 minutes, uncover and add coriander powder, cumin powder and amchur powder. Stir fry until oil starts oozing out of the spices.
9. Add garam masala and the boiled rajma. Mix well.
10. Add the left over water (stock from boiling rajma), as needed.
11. Add salt, stir to combine well. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
12. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
13. Serve warm with rice, roti or paratha.