- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raisin Molasses Bread Recipe
|Dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Molasses/Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5496 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.1%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.9 mg
Sodium 3181.2 mg132.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1094 g364.7%
Dietary Fiber 96.3 g385.3%
Sugars 171.9 g
Protein 200 g399.2%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 92.7% Iron 347.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine flours and oats. Mix 3 cups of flour oat mixture, wheat germ, and salt in a large bowl. Add yeast mixture.
3. Blend cottage cheese in blender. Add cottage cheese, molasses, and oil. Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes.
4. Stir in raisins, cinnamon, and enough of the flour-oat mixture to make a soft dough.
5. Knead 10 minutes on floured surface. Cover; let rise in bowl until double, about 1 hour.
6. Punch down. Divide into thirds and shape into loaves. Place in nonstick loaf pans, 9 x 5 x 3. Cover; let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
7. Bake at 375Â° for 30 to 35 minutes, or until done. Cool before slicing.