- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raisin Streusel Bars Recipe
|Raisin bran cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Kellogg'S)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Strawberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For orange glaze|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 754 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 339 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 150 g49.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 97.4 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 0.95%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In medium-size bowl, combine KELLOGG'S Raisin Bran cereal, flours, brown sugar, salt, soda and cinnamon.
2. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and stir in water.
3. Set aside 1 cup of the cereal mixture and in bottom of greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan press remaining mixture.
4. Spread strawberry preserves evenly over cereal mixture in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with reserved cereal mixture.
5. Let it bake in 350°F oven about 25 minutes or until lightly browned; cool completely.
6. For making the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, water and marmalade until thoroughly combined.
7. Drizzle over cooled bars.