- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raisin Spice Bread Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Low-fat yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 328.4 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 35.5 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
2) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE or PLASTIC MIXING BLADE setting.
3) In the work bowl, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and nutmeg. Pulse on/off to mix.
4) Transfer the mixture in a bowl and place aside.
5) In the work bowl, add egg to process 30 seconds.
6) Add yogurt, oil and honey after scraping down the sides. Mix with on/off pulses until well-blended.
7) Add all dry ingredients all at once by removing the lid and scraping down the sides.
8) Fold in raisins.
9) Combine with 5 on/off pulses only until batter is mixed.
10) Scrape down the sides, before last time on/off. Do not overdo.
11) Use a small loaf pan, 7 7/8 x 3 7/8-inch, to grease bottom and sides.
12) Place the wax paper in the bottom.
13) Pour in batter.
14) Place inside oven to bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
15) Cool the bread inside the pan for 10 minutes and carefully remove on wire rack.
16) Serve the bread warm or cold.