- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raisin Nut Muffin Recipe Video
|Almonds/Cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Flaxseeds||6 Tablespoon, ground|
|Vanilla whey powder||6 1⁄2 Scoop|
|Quinoa||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Ripe bananas||2 Small, mashed up|
|Almond milk/Soy milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled) (to grease the muffin tray/pan)|
Calories 902 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.8%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.4 mg
Sodium 51.2 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.3%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68%
Sugars 47.1 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 34.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the oven to 325 F.
2. Chop the almonds/cashew nuts.
3. Grind the flaxseeds to a fine powder.
4. Cook the quinoa in water.
5. Mash the bananas.
6. Grease the muffin pan/ tray.
7. In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground flaxseeds, qunioa and whey powder together.
8. In a medium sized bowl, using an electric mixer, blend the mashed bananas and milk together to make a smooth paste.
9. Add the banana milk paste to the large bowl and mix well using a hand held electric mixer.
10. Sprinkle the raisins and almonds/ cashews over the muffin mixture and mix well, using a fork.
11. Pour the batter into the greased muffin tray and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, at 325 F.
12. Serve as a tea time snack, with a steaming cup of mocha or an earl grey!