- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raisin Honey Chews Recipe
|Shortening/Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Quick-cooking rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1119 Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.1%
Trans Fat 5.1 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 610.5 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 176 g58.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 95.1 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Measure and assemble all the ingredients required.
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil or butter.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
4. In a basin, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Stir in the oats and raisins and set aside.
6. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until softened.
7. Add sugar, honey, egg, and orange peel and beat until light and creamy.
8. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
9. Use a dessert spoon to drop the batter onto the cookie sheet leaving a 2 inch distance between each.
10. Place baking sheet on middle level of preheated oven.
11. Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
12. Remove and slide onto a wire rack to cool and harden.
13. Serve with tea or a glass of warm milk.
14. Store cookies in an airtight container