- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raisin Drop Cakes Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 28.3 mg
Sodium 197.9 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 39.5 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0.86%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add shortening to cream.
2) Mix sugar to the shortening.
3) Gradually add beaten egg and milk to the sugar mixture.
4) Sift in flour, baking powder and salt all together and add to the mixture.
5) Wash raisins, drain and lightly coat with flour. Add the floured raisins to the flour mixture.
6) Add flavoring and mix all together.
7) Use greased individual cake tins to put in small amount.
8) Bake the cakes in hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
9) Sprinkle powdered sugar or cover with icing to serve.