- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raisin Cup Cakes Recipe
|Raisins||1 3⁄10 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||4⁄5 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2467 Calories from Fat 980
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.6%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 2437.9 mg101.6%
Total Carbohydrates 379 g126.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.2%
Sugars 285.1 g
Protein 20 g39.9%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 46%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Thoroughly wash the raisins and soak them into 2 cups water in a saucepan.
3) Place the saucepan over heat to boil for 20 minutes.
4) Drain the water by saving 1/2 cup of liquid.
5) Allow the raisins to cool.
6) In a bowl, whip up shortening by adding sugar.
7) Beat in egg and cooled raisins.
8) In another bowl, sift together flour, salt, soda and nutmeg.
9) Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture with raisin liquid.
10) Use greased cup cake tins or paper baking cups to pour the batter.
11) Place inside oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
12) Allow the cakes to cool.
13) Serve the cakes by adding your choice of topping, if desired.