- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raisin Bread Pudding Recipe
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 11 g54.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 242.2 mg
Sodium 566.6 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 75.2 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 0.86%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Thoroughly wash the raisins.
2) In a bowl of lukewarm water soak the raisins.
3) Remove from water and drain on a paper towel.
4) Toast the bread by cutting off the crusts.
5) Spread butter on the toasts.
6) In a baking dish, place butter and melt for 15 seconds.
7) Arrange the bread and raisins in layers on the baking dish.
8) In a bowl, slightly beat eggs.
9) Add in sugar and dash of salt to combine all together.
10) Stir with a spatula to add gradually 2 cups of hot milk.
11) In another bowl, mix vanilla and rum.
12) Pour this over the bread and raisins layers.
13) Cook for 4 minutes by covering with a lid.
14) In a bowl, put remaining sugar, salt and cornstarch to prepare the sauce.
15) Add egg yolks to blend until white.
16) Pour in remaining part of the milk and cook for a minute by covering.
17) Stir in brandy to prepare the sauce.
18) Drizzle in the sauce over the pudding before serving.