- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raisin and Orange Shortcake Recipe
|Orange juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Seedless raisins||4 Ounce|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2032 Calories from Fat 834
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.2%
Saturated Fat 59 g294.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.8 mg
Sodium 25.5 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 289 g96.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.6%
Sugars 129.1 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 59.1% Vitamin C 54.3%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Put orange juice and raisins into a pan and bring slowly to the boil, leave until cold.
3) Sieve flour into a basin and work in the sugar and butter until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
4) Knead well and divide dough into two pieces.
5) Form into equal-sized rounds.
6) Put one on a greased baking sheet, spread on raisin mixture and top with second round of dough, pressing together firmly and pinching edges together.
9) Prick well.
10) Bake at 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4, for 45 minutes, mark into sections, and remove from tin when cold.
11) Pack in foil and keep in fridge until used.
12) To serve: take out shortcake from fridge. Let it stand on room temperature for few minutes and serve as snack.