- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raised English Tea Cakes Recipe
|Caraway seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Lukewarm)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream||2 Tablespoon (For Brushing Buns)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2251 Calories from Fat 1243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 142 g217.9%
Saturated Fat 87.3 g436.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 408.4 mg
Sodium 1040.5 mg43.4%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.1%
Dietary Fiber 11 g43.8%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 32 g64.9%
Vitamin A 87.3% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 74.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a warmed bowl, stir yeast with remaining sugar, 3 tablespoons cream and 2 tablespoons flour. Leave in a warm place until bubbly.
3. Re-sift remaining flour with the salt into a mixing bowl.
4. Rub in butter.
5. Work yeast mixture into flour-butter mixture, adding enough cream to make a soft, yet not sticky, dough.
6. Knead the dough in the bowl until firm and elastic.
7. Turn onto a floured board. Shape into 8 equal-sized smooth dough balls.
8. Place balls well apart on cookie sheet.
9. Cover loosely with wax paper. Leave until risen and puffy.
10. Heat oven to 375°F.
11. Brush tops of risen buns with a little cream. Sprinkle with sugar and seeds.
12. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until risen and pale brown. Serve warm.