- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup Recipe Video
|Red bell peppers||3 Large|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), mince|
|Chicken broth/Vegetable broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.3 mg
Sodium 3529.6 mg147.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 131.4% Vitamin C 411.7%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
Heavy duty foil sheet
Brown paper bag
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Place the heavy duty foil sheet on the bottom rack.
3. Place peppers directly on tin foil.
4. Roast about 20 minutes, turning several times until blackened and deflated.
5. Place in brown paper bag, close up and let steam 10 minutes.
6. In the meantime, in the soup pot pout olive oil and add the garlic, sauté for few seconds.
7. Pour the chicken broth and allow it to heat up.
8. Remove the skin from the red bell pepper and roughly chop it.
9. Add it in the food processor and puree it smooth.
10. Add the puree to the stock, heavy cream, salt and pepper and nutmeg, stir to combine.
11. Simmer the soup for 10 minutes and then turn off the heat.
12. Serve with grated sharp cheddar cheese.