- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rainbow Superfood Salad Recipe
|Beetroot||3 Medium, unpeeled (Raw)|
|Tomatoes||6 , halved lengthways|
|Extra virgin olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Red cabbage||175 Gram, finely shredded|
|Butternut squash||600 Gram, peeled and chopped into 3 centimeter dice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Chestnut mushrooms||200 Gram|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Broccoli head||1⁄2 , cut into florets|
|Peas in pod/50 gram frozen peas||250 Gram, shelled (Fresh)|
|Toasted mixed seeds||3 Tablespoon (Linseed, Sesame, Sunflower And Pumpkin Mix Is Good)|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Small Handful)|
|French dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Serve)|
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 387.1 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 254.6% Vitamin C 184.2%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 32.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas .
2) In a small roasting tin, keep 2 beetroot nicely sprinkled with salt and about 100ml water, cover with a foil, then place on the top shelf.
3) On a separate baking tray, keep the tomatoes with the cut-side up , sprinkle with salt and drizzle nicely with 2 tablespoon olive oil, then place on the lowest shelf. Cook in the oven for about 1 hour until tender.
4) Grate rest of the raw beetroot and combine with the shredded cabbage. Keep aside.
5) On another baking tray, keep the butternut squash cubes and toss with the oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven on the middle shelf for 45 minutes, then stir.
6) Move all the vegetables around in the oven at least once . When all the vegetables are cooked, allow them to cool. However, peel the beetroot when still warm and slice into wedges.
7) In a hot frying pan, add 2 tablespoon oil and saute the garlic and mushrooms. Season well with the salt, pepper and lemon juice.
8) In a small pan of boiling water, blanch the broccoli for 2 minutes alongwith the peas, remove and put under cold running water.
9) Simmer the quinoa in the vegetable cooking water for 15 minutes, and drain well.
10) In a large serving bowl layer the vegetables in a with the quinoa at the bottom, then the shredded cabbage and beetroot mix, followed by the broccoli and peas, beetroot wedges, squash, tomatoes, mushrooms, toasted seeds and alfalfa sprouts.
11) Serve immediately with the French dressing.