- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rainbow Shish Kabobs Recipe Video
|Red pepper spice blend||2 Tablespoon (for marinate)|
|White balsamic vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for marinate)|
|Olive oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for marinate)|
|Lavender/Asparagus spears||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (for marinate (2-3 sprigs))|
|Red tomatoes||250 Gram (for kebab)|
|Hot chili pepper||5 Medium, whole (for kebab)|
|Sirloin steak||1 Pound, bite size pieces (for kebab)|
|Brussel sprouts||100 Gram, halved (for kebab)|
|Pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for kebab)|
|Sweet pepper||100 Gram, sliced (for kebab)|
|Zucchini||100 Gram, sliced (for kebab)|
Calories 1842 Calories from Fat 1566
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 177 g272.1%
Saturated Fat 28.2 g141.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.3 mg
Sodium 79.5 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 34.9 g
Protein 26 g51%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C 222.5%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl marinate meat, tomatoes and chili with spice blend, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and lavender.
2. In a separate bowl, marinate all the other veggies, with the same ingredients used for meat. Keep it aside.
3. Thread the vegetables and meat pieces alternately on seasoned wooden skewers. You may do it any order.
4. Place it on the top rack of the barbeque grill, cover. Allow the kebabs to cook, keeping constant watch so that they are not over cooked.
5. Serve kebabs hot with a lime wedge garnish.
After you marinate allow the meat to rest. The time of resting depends on the type and the quality of meat.
Soak skewer in water overnight. This will prevent it from burning in the grill.