- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rainbow Rice Recipe
|Tofu||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Black magic sauce||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sunflower oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Cabbage||500 Milliliter, shredded (2 Cups)|
|Carrots||250 Milliliter, shredded (1 Cup)|
|Cherry tomatoes||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Almonds||60 Milliliter, slivered (4 Tablespoons)|
|Peas||125 Milliliter, freshly shelled (1/2 Cup)|
|Alfalfa sprouts||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Brown rice||250 Milliliter, cooked (1 Cup)|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 155.4 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.6%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 224.4% Vitamin C 124.6%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow dish, marinate tofu in Black Magic Sauce for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a hot wok or skillet, add the remaining sauce and oil.
3. When the oil and sauce mixture begins to steam vigorously, add the marinated tofu, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes and almonds.
4. Stir briskly and cook until the mixture begins to steam again.
5. Add peas and continue cooking and stirring for another 1 minute.
6. Finally add sprouts and stir for another 30 seconds.
7. Serve over a bed of rice.