- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rainbow Jello Salad Recipe
|Red jelly powder||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Philadelphia cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lemon jelly powder||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Crushed pineapple||1 Can (10 oz), drained (reserve liquid)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||1 Can (10 oz), drained (reserve liquid) (1 Can)|
|Lime jelly powder||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.5%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g121%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.2 mg
Sodium 308.2 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, prepare red jelly powder following package instructions.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese.
3. Add dry lemon jelly powder and mix well.
4. In a saucepan of boiling water, dissolve the lemon jelly powder and mix well.
5. Let it stand for some time until almost set.
6. In another bowl, whip the whipping cream and fold it into the dissolved lemon jelly.
7. Add this lemon jelly cream mixture on top of set red jelly.
8. Drain crushed pineapple and reserving liquid.
9. Using the reserved pineapple liquid, prepare lime jelly powder.
10. When the lime jelly powder is almost set, add 1 cup of crushed pineapples.
11. Place this mixture on top of the second layer.
12. Serve immediately.
Try and add the layers quickly because if each layer is added before the last one becomes too firm the salad will stick together better.