- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rainbow Ice Cream Cake Recipe
|Chocolate cake mix||18 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Strawberry ice cream||1 Quart, softened|
|Pistachio ice cream||1 Quart, softened|
|Whipped topping mix||4 Ounce (2 Envelopes, 2 Ounces Each)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Light rum||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pistachio nuts||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4993 Calories from Fat 985
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g196.6%
Saturated Fat 73.7 g368.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 596.9 mg
Sodium 4218.2 mg175.8%
Total Carbohydrates 867 g289%
Dietary Fiber 45.5 g181.9%
Sugars 616.5 g
Protein 80 g159.7%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 55.3% Iron 77.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Prepare cake mix with eggs and water, following label directions; pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Loosen layers around edges with a knife; turn out onto racks; cool completely. Split each layer, crosswise, using a sawing motion with a knife.
4. While layers bake, cut two 18-inch lengths of plastic wrap and fit into two 8-inch layer cake pans.
5. Spread half the strawberry ice cream evenly in each cake pan. Top with half the pistachio ice cream in each pan. (Or use your favorite flavor combinations.) Cover ice cream with plastic wrap; freeze until ready to use.
6. Place one split cake layer on cookie sheet. Remove one ice cream layer from pan; peel off plastic wrap and place on split layer; repeat with 2 more split layers and second ice cream layer. (The extra split layer will make a nice treat for supper topped with a scoop of coffee ice cream.) Freeze entire cake while making frosting.
7. Beat whipped topping mix with milk, following label directions. Tint a pale pink with red food coloring and flavor with rum.
8. Frost side and top of cake with part of frosting; pile remaining frosting onto center of cake and swirl out with teaspoon; sprinkle with nuts.
9. Freeze until frosting is firm; then cover with plastic wrap.
10. When ready to serve, loosen cake around edge of cookie sheet with a spatula dipped in hot water; transfer to serving plate with spatula and pancake turner. Use a sharp knife for neater, easier slicing.