- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rainbow Cupcakes for my Mook-Mook Recipe Video
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Food coloring||15 Drop (green, yellow, red, orange, blue)|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 203.4 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.8%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.5% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk well to mix. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, add eggs, buttermilk, sugar, oil and vanilla. Whisk well until combined.
5. Add the dry ingredient to the wet ingredients and continue to mix till incorporated and forms a batter.
6. Divide the batter up into 5 bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring into each bowl until the colors are vibrant and mix well.
7. Layer the colors in the muffin tin starting with blue then, green, yellow orange and red. Use a swirling motion to layer the colors.
8. Bake for around 15-20 minutes or till the cakes are done.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
10. In a serving plate, serve the cupcake as a surprise snack with milk or frost it and serve as a dessert.