- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ragout Of Lettuce And Peas Recipe
|Boston lettuce head||2 Large|
|Fresh peas||2 Pound|
|Green onions/Scallions||16 Large|
|Lean cooked ham||6 Ounce|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Fried bread triangles||3|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4141 Calories from Fat 1052
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183%
Saturated Fat 49.6 g247.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.5 mg
Sodium 469 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 702 g234.2%
Dietary Fiber 59.2 g236.7%
Sugars 559 g
Protein 100 g200.4%
Vitamin A 553.4% Vitamin C 771.1%
Calcium 48.9% Iron 119%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Sheel peas and keep aside a dozen smaller pods.
2) Discard hard outer leaves from the lettuce. Quarter the heads lengthwise. Drain and wash thoroughly.
3) Trim roots and stems from the green onions.
4) Make 1/2-inch cubes from ham.
5) In a large heavy-bottomed pan melt 5 tablespoons butter over moderate heat.
6) Add lettuce, peas, pea pods, and green onions into the pan and stir till coated with butter.
7) Add salt and freshly ground pepper.
8) Add ham and 3 tablespoons of hot water. Cover with a tight lid.
9) Cook on low heat for 10-20 minutes. The peas should be tender but not mushy.
10) Shake pan to prevent sticking.
11) Remove pods before serving. Mix sugar and remaining batter.
12) Serve hot, garnished with triangles of fried bread.