- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ragda patties Chowpatty style Recipe
|Boiled and mashed potatoes||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Bread slices||3 (For Crispiness)|
|White peas||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Pulp of dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Soak Dates In Hot Water For 1/2 An Hour, Deseed And Grind Them. Strain To Get A Smooth Paste)|
|Tamarind pulp||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jaggery/Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Green chilies||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Yellow thin sev||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4478 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1918.8 mg80%
Total Carbohydrates 957 g319.1%
Dietary Fiber 194.2 g776.9%
Sugars 163.6 g
Protein 178 g355.2%
Vitamin A 291.9% Vitamin C 499.1%
Calcium 125.6% Iron 236.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Dip bread slices in water for just a moment and squeeze them to remove excess water. Mix them with mashed potatoes and add salt. Make small balls of the mixture and flatten them.
3. Heat a griddle. Pour some oil. Arrange the patties on the heated griddle. Turn upside down once the bottom side of patties is brown. Shallow fry all the patties till brown and crisp.
4. Chop onions and tomatoes.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. add onion pieces, saute for a minute. Then add tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste and fry for some time.
6. Now add boiled peas, chili powder, salt and some water for desired consistency. cover and cook for 10 minutes. Ragda is ready.
7.Grind all the ingredients of sweet chutney with some water into a fine paste. In the same way, make spicy chutney.
8. To serve, arrange patties in a dish, pour some ragda on top. Add sweet chutney and spicy chutney.
9. Garnish with thin sev, coriander leaves, onions and crushed puris.
Tip: Bread slices are used for binding and crispness. However, You can use rice flour or corn flour.