- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rabbit's Ears Fattigman Recipe
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3417 Calories from Fat 1175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g205.5%
Saturated Fat 77.1 g385.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 958.5 mg
Sodium 256.1 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 470 g156.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.6%
Sugars 83.8 g
Protein 73 g146.5%
Vitamin A 88.5% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 24% Iron 148.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix flour with granulated sugar.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Then add eggs, cardamom, cognac, and cream, beating until thoroughly blended.
3. Wrap dough in foil, wax paper, or saran; refrigerate until well chilled.
4. Divide chilled dough into fourths. On lightly-floured surface, roll out one-fourth of dough paper thin (refrigerate remainder). Cut into strips 1 1/2-inches wide; cut each strip into 4- to 5-inch pieces. Make a 1-inch slash along lengthwise center of each piece. Now pull one end of piece all the way through this slash. Repeat with rest of dough.
5. In deep saucepan or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 inches of salad oil to 380Â°F. on deep-fat-frying thermometer.
6. Drop in pieces, a few at a time. Fry until golden on both sides, turning once.
7. Remove from oil; drain on paper towels. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners 'sugar. Store in tightly-covered container. Makes about 80.