- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rabbit Pate Recipe Video
|Rabbit||4 Pound, deboned (including kidney and liver)|
|Pork shoulder/Veal meat||2 Pound|
|Bacon strips||12 , divided|
|Whiskey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 166 mg
Sodium 356.3 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 39 g78.1%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 27.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a clay pot with 10 bacon slices and set aside.
3. Chop the rabbit and grind rabbit meat except the tenderloins and pork together.
4. In a blender, grind onion, mushrooms and garlic.
5. In a large bowl, take out the ground meat; add in the eggs, whiskey and sea salt.
6. Season the meat mixture with Italian seasoning.
7. Add in the mushroom mixture and mix thoroughly all the ingredients.
8. Place half of the meat mixture into the prepared clay pot. Top with rabbit tenderloin and place the remaining meat mixture.
9. Decorate the dish with remaining bacon slices and bay leaves.
10. Cover the pot with an aluminum foil and bake in oven for 1 hour.
11. After 1 hour remove the foil and bake for another 1 hour.
12. Take out the pate from the oven and let it sit for an hour.
13. Slice the pate and serve with some red wine.