- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rabbit with Sherried Chestnuts Recipe
|Chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Dry oloroso sherry||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rabbit||1 , cut up by butcher|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced fresh sage/Thyme, 1 teaspoon dried||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3234 Calories from Fat 618
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g89%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1653.3 mg
Sodium 1571.5 mg65.5%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g55.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.5 g81.9%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 457 g914.4%
Vitamin A 24.1% Vitamin C 39.2%
Calcium 49.8% Iron 392.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the rabbit and place on paper towels.
2) In a bowl, add chestnuts and pour in sherry till chestnuts ae completely soaked. Keep aside.
3) In a pan, add oil and heat.
4) Add the rabbit and brown well all over.
5) Mix in the onion, shallots, pepper, and sage and mix well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
6) Add 1 cup water and allow to boil.
7) Lower heat and place lid over pan.
8) Allow to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes till the rabbit turns tender.
9) Add sherry soaked chestnuts and sherry and simmer briskly uncovered for 10 minutes.
10) Serve at the side of extra sauce and chestnuts in a small bowl.