- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rabbit Stew Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||3 , cut in to stripes|
|Yellow pepper||3 , cut in to stripes|
|Green bell pepper||3 , cut in to stripes|
|Red onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Bay leaf||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Plum tomatoes||26 Ounce|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Organic salt free white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Extra virgin oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Regular salt||To Taste|
|Green bell pepper||To Taste|
|Red chilly flakes||1 Dash|
|Regular salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black peppercorn||1⁄2 Tablespoon, cracked|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Single cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1481 Calories from Fat 687
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g117.8%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g126.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 319.3 mg
Sodium 1769.8 mg73.7%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.2%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.2%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 80 g160.8%
Vitamin A 125.5% Vitamin C 581.9%
Calcium 40% Iron 99.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine the white wine, sugar, salt, olive oil, rosemary, cloves, pepper corns and garlic except the rabbit meat, in a 1.25 gallon freezer bag and shake it up well.
2. Then add your rabbit pieces to the bag and gently mix the marinade and rabbit together. Marinate for at least 24hrs to 48hrs. Just before cooking, take the meat out and pat it dry.
3. In a dutch oven add the rabbit meat and allow to brown without burning. Depending on size of the Dutch Oven or pot, you may have to brown the rabbit in batches.
4. In a plate covered with paper towel, transfer the browned rabbit pieces.
5. Pour the white wine in the Dutch Oven or large pot to deglaze.
6. Add peppers and onions, and allow to sweat down. Sprinkle salt and black pepper to draw moisture from peppers and onions.
7. Drizzle little more olive oil on top, if you desire.
8. When the veggies have sweated out, pour in 2 cups of chicken stock and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Next add the tomato sauce of choice and mix well.
10. Once the mixture is blended well, add herbs and spices and mix well.
11. Add sugar to taste and sprinkle parsley on top.
12. Increase heat and bring the mixture to a boil and then back to a simmer by reducing heat.
13. Add the rabbit pieces back to the stew mixture one at a time and simmer the dish for 1 1/2 to 2 hours till the meat is tender. Remove from heat and keep aside.
14. In another sauce pan, add 2 cups chicken stock and 2 cups half and half.
15. Place the pot on heat and slowly add the polenta and continue to stir until the stock mixture starts boiling. Continue stirring after reducing the heat to a simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes. Once cooked, the polenta should be smooth and thick with large bubbles popping up to the surface.
16. Remove from heat and add butter, cheese and pepper.
17. Serve the tender rabbit meat stew on a bed of polenta. Enjoy!