- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rabbit Hot Pot Recipe
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dripping/Vegetable shortening||1 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||3⁄4 Pint|
Calories 702 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.2%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.8 mg
Sodium 747.7 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 62 g123.1%
Vitamin A 207.6% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 58.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean and wipe the rabbit pieces.
2) Preheat moderate oven (355°F. Gas Mark 4)
3) Roll rabbit pieces in seasoned flour.
4) In a skillet heat fat and brown the meat. Transfer into a casserole dish.
5) Mix onion, carrot and celery to the casserole.
6) Sprinkle little seasoned flour over the hot fat. Stir the mixture over moderate heat until frothy.
7) Gently add stock and bring to the boil.
8) Adjust seasoning and strain over rabbit and vegetables.
9) Place in oven and cook for 1 1/2-2 hours till rabbit meat is tender.
10) Pass with creamed potatoes.