- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quinoa and Spinach Side Recipe Video
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Baby spinach leaves||1 Pound, washed, drained|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly grated|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, chopped finely|
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.7 mg
Sodium 556.9 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 162.5% Vitamin C 68.9%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 29.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan on medium heat, pour chicken stock and add quinoa.
2. Bring to boil, lower the heat, cover the saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. In another large skillet, heat olive oil and put the spinach leaves. Cook till wilted.
4. Add salt and pepper, garlic and nutmeg. Mix well.
5. Put the cooked quinoa and pour the cream. Add cheese.Mix till combined.
6. Garnish with the tomatoes and turn off the heat.
7. In a serving plate, serve it with choice of main dish.