- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad Recipe Video
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs) (uncooked)|
|Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (/ enough to cook the quinoa)|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (deseeded)|
|Tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (deseeded)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Green onion stalks||3 Medium, chopped|
|Parsely||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||2 Medium, juiced|
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 355.3 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 55.4% Vitamin C 109.2%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the quinoa in vegetable broth. 1 cup uncooked grains give 2 cups cooked quinoa.
2. Deseed and dice the cucumber and tomatoes.
3. Clean the onions and chop them.
4. Finely chop the parsely and chives.
5. Squeeze the juice out of 2 lemons.
6. In a large mixing bowl, take the cooked quinoa.
7. Add diced cucumber, tomatoes, chives, green onions, parsely to it and mix well after adding each ingredient.
8. Pour the olive oil over it and mix well to combine.
9. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well, so that all the ingredients are combined.
10. This can be served in a bowl with salads or bread or eaten just like that.
The quinoa can be cooked in water also.
It is always better to make this salad at least 3-4 hours in advance and refrigerate it so that all the flavors can sink in. The longer it stands the better it tastes.But it can be eaten fresh and warm as soon as the quinoa is cooked also.