- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe Video
|Bell pepper||4 (different colors - red, yellow and green)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Mushroom||6 Medium, sliced|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce (thawed and water squeezed out)|
|Quinoa||2 Cup (32 tbs) (cooked according to the direction)|
|Canned garbanzo beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Reduced pasta sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (divided equally)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.2 mg4.4%
Sodium 735.3 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.5%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 189.5% Vitamin C 228.2%
Calcium 39% Iron 57.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the bell peppers into half, seeds and membrane removed.
3. Place the bell pepper in a microwave proof pan, cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the microwaved bell pepper in a larger dish.
5. Heat canola oil in a skillet, sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
6. Add in the mushrooms, sauté for few more minutes.
7. Remove the skillet from the heat; add in spinach, quinoa and garbanzo beans.
8. Pour in ½ cup pasta sauce and black pepper and mix well.
9. Fill pepper with the mixture evenly.
10. Top with remaining pasta sauce.
11. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
12. Sprinkle cheese over the stuffed bell peppers, broil for 2 minutes in the oven.
13. Serve Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with your favorite salad.