- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick and Easy Quinoa Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe Video
|Bell pepper||4 Medium, washed, tops and seeds removed|
|Quinoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|White onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Chili pepper||1 Medium, seeded, membrane removed, minced|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, shredded (for garnish)|
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.6 mg14.2%
Sodium 620.7 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 18 g36.1%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 260%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat some olive oil in a pan. Add the onion and cook until translucent – about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chili pepper, parsley and cumin. Mix well and cook for a minute. Add the ground beef and cook until almost completely cooked through. Remove from heat.
3. Place the cooked quinoa and meat in a bowl. Add the Worcestershire sauce and 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
4. Place the bell peppers in an oven proof dish. They have to fit snugly in order not to fall over. Fill them with the quinoa and meat.
5. Mix the remaining tomato sauce, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Season with a little salt and pepper. Top the peppers with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese for garnish.
6. Place the peppers in the oven and bake for about 50 minutes until peppers are softened and filling is heated through.
7. Serve and enjoy!