- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quinoa Salad with Chicken, Grapefruit and Avocado Recipe Video
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime||1 Large, zested and squeezed|
|Grapefruit||1 Small, cut into sections|
|Cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Avocado||1 Small, diced|
|Fresh cilantro||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter lettuce leaves||2 Gram (to serve)|
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.4%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.3 mg
Sodium 70.7 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.1%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 32 g64.7%
Vitamin A 51.6% Vitamin C 112.1%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 34.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Bring water and a generous pinch of salt to a boil in a small saucepan.
2. Add quinoa, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 12 to 15 minutes until tender.
3. Pour quinoa into a medium bowl and let cool slightly.
4. Add remaining ingredients, except lettuce leaves and mix gently.
5. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
6. Spoon the salad into lettuce leaves and serve.