- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quinoa Salad - A Perfect Protein Meal Recipe Video
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chickpea||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), boiled|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Large|
|Green chilies||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Medium, shredded|
|Beetroot||1⁄4 Medium, shredded|
|Cumin powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Almonds||1 Tablespoon, slivered|
Calories 558 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 536.2 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 18.7 g74.7%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 23 g45.6%
Vitamin A 40.5% Vitamin C 63.5%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 42.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot on high heat, add water and quinoa and bring it to a boil. Once it has boiled, lower the heat and let it simmer covered for 10 minutes or until it is completely cooked.
2. In a pan, heat oil and add the garlic, onion, green chilies and stir fry on medium high for 1 minute.
3. Add salt to taste and the chickpeas. Stir until well incorporated.
4. Switch off the gas and add in the carrot and beetroot. Mix well.
5. Add the cooked quinoa, remaining vegetables and lemon juice. Mix until well incorporated.
6. Serve the salad garnished with slivered almonds.