- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Quinoa Breakfast Recipe Video
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon/1 cinnamon stick||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carob powder/2 tablespoons cocoa powder||4 Tablespoon|
|Banana||1 , mashed|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.6 mg0.9%
Sodium 15.4 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Put the quinoa, cinnamon, and 3 cups of liquid (1 of which can be rice, or other vegan, milk if you want) in a pot.
2. Turn to high to bring to a boil, then turn down low to simmer for 30 minutes.
3. When the quinoa is almost cooked, stir in the raisins so that they get large and plump.
4. Mash the banana in a bowl, then stir in the carob or cocoa powder.
5. Stir this into the quinoa once it's cooked, and if you like it a bit more porridge like you can pour a bit more rice milk in as well.
6. Then spoon into bowls and top with the walnuts.
7. It's also wonderful with some fresh raspberries or strawberries.