- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Stuffed Zucchini Recipe Video
|Quinoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rinsed|
|Water/Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Zucchini||4 , slice (lengthwise)|
|Cannellini beans||15 Ounce|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chop|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), chop|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Avocado oil/Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Sal y Pimienta Brand)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.7 mg
Sodium 756.2 mg31.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.8%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 76.6%
Calcium 40.5% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPan
Olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. In a pan spray olive oil and toast the quinoa and toast for few minutes on high heat.
3. Pour water and bring it to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Cut the zucchini lengthwise and scoop the flesh, set aside.
5. In a bowl combine cannellini beans, cherry tomatoes, quinoa, parmesan cheese, almonds, basil, sun dried tomatoes, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the Sal y Pimienta avocado oil and gently toss everything well.
7. Stuff the zucchini with the mixture and place it in a baking pan.
8. Spray with olive oil and cover with foil, bake for 25 minutes.
9. After 25 minutes sprinkle parmesan cheese on the zucchini and place it back in the oven.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes uncovered.
11. Serve the Baked Stuffed Zucchini hot.