- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Cape Cod Clam Chowder Recipe
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned clams||15 Ounce|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Light cream||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.2 mg
Sodium 369.2 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 112.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large saucepan, saute bacon until crisp, then remove and drain on paper towels.
2. Pour off bacon drippings from saucepan and return 1 tablespoon.
3. In bacon drippings, saute onion 5 minutes and remove from heat.
4. Drain clams, reserving liquid.
5. Add clam liquid to sauteed onion, along with chicken soup, cream, potatoes, salt and pepper.
6. Bring to boiling, stirring.
7. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
8. Add clams and simmer 3 minutes longer.
9. Add bacon to the chowder and serve with crackers.