- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Boston Baked Beans Recipe
|Pork and beans with tomato sauce/With molasses||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 119 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.93 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.79%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.86 mg
Sodium 323 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) In a 3-quart casserole or bean pot, turn out the beans.
3) In skillet, saute bacon and onion until onion is golden, for 5 minutes.
4) Remove from heat.
5) Add molasses, catsup, and mustard; mix well.
6) Gently add beans.
7) Without cover, bake for 45 minutes, or until beans are hot and bubbly.
8) Serve the baked beans as side dish.