- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Date Bread Recipe
|Lukewarm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sunflower seeds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 0.8 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 18.9 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 0.63%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) In a large bowl, mix yeast, water, 1 cup or 250 ml of whole wheat flour and honey thoroughly.
3) Allow the mixture to sit in a warm place.
4) In the meantime, in another bowl, mix brewer’s yeast and soy flour in the remaining cup or 250 ml of whole wheat flour.
5) In a blender, put the sunflower seeds.
6) Process at high speed in short bursts until it results in a ground meal.
7) Add the ground sunflower seed meal into the flour mixture and stir to mix.
8) After the yeast mixture becomes frothy and light, mix in the flour mixture, spices, dates, egg and honey.
9) Stir the mixture until combined thoroughly.
10) Lightly oil an 8 1/2 X 4 1/2-inch (22 X 11-cm) bread pan.
11) Empty the batter into it and bake it for 50 to 60 minutes or until done.
12) Serve with warm tea or coffee.