- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Spaghetti Recipe Video
|Diced tomatoes/Fresh tomatoes||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|Italian sausage||1 Pound (Italian turkey sausage or any one you like)|
|Sundried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste (For seasoning)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz) (To thicken the sauce) (Optional)|
Calories 610 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g65.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.5 mg
Sodium 1018.7 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 25 g49.2%
Vitamin A 64.5% Vitamin C 66.5%
Calcium 12% Iron 35.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pot and get some oil heated up in it and saute the onions and garlic in it for about 8 minutes on a medium high heat.
2. Section off pieces of the sausages and squeeze into the pot of onion and garlic. That would give you quick and easy meat balls.
3. After a couple of minutes de-glaze with some red wine just enough to cover the bottom of the pot.
4. Add the can of diced tomatoes and stir gently. Once it starts boiling turn the heat down to a medium and simmer it.
5. Add the oregano, basil and the sun-dried tomatoes. Stir and let it continue to simmer for about 20 minutes.
6. Add tomato paste if required to thicken the sauce a little. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve warm over warm pasta or spaghetti.