- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Soups Recipe
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Cold)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
Calories 57 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.09 g0.14%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.6 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 1 g2.1%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Soup Stock : In a 7 quart pressure canner, add the bones soup meat, onions, peppercorns and garlic, cover with cold water.
2) Cover the pressure canner and bring up the steam, exhaust air, close valve when the pressure reaches 15 pounds.
3) Adjust the heat to hold at 15 pounds and cook under pressure for 4 to 8 hours.
4) Remove from heat and allow the pressure go down on its own.
5) Cool the stock until it can be handled easily and the fat rises to the surface.
6) Skim off the fat, remove the bones and strain through a cheesecloth, returning bits of lean meat into the stock.
7) Use the 8 quarts Super Soup Stock as required.
8) In a saucepan, combine all ingredients together.
9) Simmer over a low heat until the frozen stock is melted and flavors are thoroughly blended.
10) Laddle the Quick Soup into soup bowls and serve hot.
Combine 2 different commercial soups for new flavors, such as Black Bean and Onion; Tomato and Split Pea, or Vegetable Noodle; Mushroom and Onion.
If using 2 cans soup, increase water to 8 c to make 12 servings.