- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Sole Casserole Recipe
|Sole fillets||2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen spinach||20 Ounce, chopped (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Condensed cream of shrimp soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dry bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon (Packaged)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.2 mg32.1%
Sodium 891 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 36 g71.2%
Vitamin A 226.7% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash the fish and pat dry using paper towels.
3. Crosswise fold fillets in half.
4. In a 12x8x2 inch baking dish, arrange the folded fillets in a single layer.
5. Dot the fish with 2 tablespoons butter and season with salt.
6. Pour 1/2 cup water over the fish.
7. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Following directions on the package, cook spinach and drain very well.
9. In a medium saucepan, heat cream-of-shrimp soup to boiling and stir in sherry.
10. Remove the cooked fish from baking dish and discard the cooking liquids.
11. In the bottom of the baking dish, spread cooked spinach and top with cooked fish.
12. Pour the shrimp-soup over the fish.
13. In a bowl, mix melted butter with bread crumbs and cheese.
14. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes until bubbly.
15. Serve it hot with bread.