- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sara Foster's Quick Shrimp Tostada Recipe Video
|Tortillas||2 (Mission fajita sized tortillas)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shrimps||12 , peeled and de-veined|
|Lime||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Jalapeno peppers||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Scallion||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Baby greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||5 , halved|
|Chimichurri sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Crumbled goat cheese||1 Ounce|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.8 mg
Sodium 672.1 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 62.1% Vitamin C 43.8%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the fajita on a hot pan with little bit of olive oil.
2. In a medium bowl, marinate the shrimps with freshly squeezed lime juice.
3. Add chopped cilantro, jalapeno peppers, salt, pepper and scallion to it and toss all the ingredients to evenly coat the shrimps.
4. Heat little olive oil in the non-stick pan over medium-high heat and put the shrimps into the pan. Cook the shrimps for about a min per side by flipping over.
5. Assemble the tostada by putting some baby greens on top of the tortilla.
6. Top this with few shrimps and cherry tomatoes.
7. Drizzle the chimichurri sauce over.
8. Finish with a nice crumbled of soft goat cheese.
9. Season the tostada with salt and freshly ground pepper.
10. Serve as is.