- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Salad Nicoise Recipe
|Canned tuna||14 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 7 Ounce Each)|
|Sliced stuffed green olives||2 Tablespoon|
|Bottled herb garlic salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned whole new potatoes||1 Pound, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|French-style green beans||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned small whole beets||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Thinly sliced cucumber||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peeled grated carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 , quartered|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , halved|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg
Sodium 811.9 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 83.4% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In small bowl, break up tuna with fork, gently toss with olives and 2 tablespoons salad dressing and refrigerate, covered.
2. In a bowl, toss sliced potato and green beans with 1/4 cup dressing and the instant minced onion and refrigerate until ready for serving.
3. Toss beets with remaining dressing and refrigerate.
4. Sprinkle sliced cucumber with salt and sugar and refrigerate.
5. In a large salad bowl arrange lettuce and mound tuna mixture in center.
6. Then around the tuna arrange mounds of potato and beans, beets, carrot and cucumber.
7. Garnish with tomato, anchovies and eggs and toss gently at the table.
8. Pass more dressing, if desired and serve.